DENVER STORE EVENT
Gamblin Artist's Colors:
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials
with Glenn Brill
FREE! NO REGISTRATION! LIMITED SEATING!
SATURDAY | OCTOBER 22 | 1-2:30pm
Since our founding, Gamblin Artist's Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent.
Gamblin's dedication to today's oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials — we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90 minute Lecture and Demonstration presented by Glenn Brill, Artist, Educator, Consultant and Product Specialist will cover the following:
- Color Theory: 2-dimensional vs. 3-dimensional Color Space
- Color Mixing: Navigating Color Space; Gamblin's practical approach to color mixing
- Artist's Oil Colors: Gamblin's approach to color making
- Mineral vs. Modern Pigments: How to create a personalized palette of colors
- Indirect vs. Direct Techniques: Historical application of opaque and transparent colors
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors: Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors
- 1980 Oil Colors: True Color. Real Value.
- Painting Mediums: Choosing the right medium, including working properties and drying rates
- Building Permanent Paintings: Understanding Fat over Lean
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds: Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
- Gamvar Picture Varnish: Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
- Studio Safety: Create without compromise in a safe studio
All attendees will receive FREE Gamblin Product & Literature Samples
Meininger coupon available for attendees after the event.
About Glenn Brill: With over 30 years of experience, Glenn Brill has a reputation of finding the essence of the creative vision within all paradigms of the art world. An accomplished artist, renowned educator, and art material specialist, Glenn’s versatile expertise is in high demand throughout the U.S., Western Europe and Asia.
The recipient of two National Endowment for the Arts Visual Fellowships, Author of “Beyond the Brush, and co-author of “The Acrylic Handbook”. Glenn has helped to develop and test fine art papers, canvas, drawing materials, pastels, oil paints and acrylic paints for some of the premier art material companies. He has conducted over 300 presentations to help inform and educate artists worldwide, on the technical aspects and creative usages of art materials.
His artworks are in the permanent collections of the Archives of American Art, Brooklyn Museum, San Jose Museum and Phoenix Art Museum. Glenn holds a BFA from the California College of Arts and Crafts, an MFA from Cranbrook Academy of Art and is a Tamarind Master Printer.
Paintings by Glenn Brill © artist website>